*Important season dates (all dates tentative)
Ages 4 – 6
- Registration – now – March 14th (fee $90)
- Late registration - March 15th – all spot filled (fee $140)
- March 23rd – Dick’s Shopping Day – uniform sizing (TBD pm – TBD pm)
- March 15th – Coaches selected
- March 21st – Coach’s meeting & Team Selection (Blind Draw) time/location TBA
- March 23rd – All players should receive information from coach regarding practice
- Week of March 26th – Practice begins
- April 21st – Games begin
- June 2nd – Season ends
Ages 7 – 18
- Registration – now – February 11th (fee $110)
- Late registration - February 12th – all spot filled (fee $160)
- February 15th – Coaches selected
- March 19th – Dick’s Shopping Day – All day (20% off entire purchase)
- February 28th – Coach’s meeting & Team Selection - time/location TBA
- Week of March 5th – Practice Begins
- Week of March 26th – Games Begin
- Week of May 23rd – Season ends
1. Where are the games and practices held?
All games & practices are held around Madison County. The league will provide specific locations for teams to use - however, should a coach have property available that they wish to use the team will be covered under the league’s insurance.
2. Can my child play in an age group above/below their grade?
The board will consider each request on an individual basis. All requests must be in writing (firstname.lastname@example.org) and received prior to the end of registration. You will be notified of the board’s decision prior to end of registration.
3. How many games will my child play?
Ages 4 – 6 ………6 game schedule
Ages 7 – 18 …… 10 game schedule + single elimination tournament
4. What days do teams practice or have games?
The league will use Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday evenings for practices/games, along with all day Saturday. However, Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons may be used should we need to schedule make up games due to cancellations.
5. What time are practices/games?
No practices or games will begin before 5:30pm – during the week. The last practice or game will end by 9:00pm. Saturday practices/games will begin at 8:00am and continue until early evening. The younger age groups will be given the earliest time slots. Each team will be given 1 – 2 hours of practice time depending on the number of teams.
6. How often will my child have practices/games?
Number of practices is dependent on the number of teams. We will not know this information until after registration end. Likewise, we do not know what particular day a given age group will practice.
7. Can I request a specific coach or teammate for my child?
Unfortunately, we league does not allow for any special request, with the exception of the Head coach & assistant coach (es). Ages 4 – 6 are allowed a head coach & 2 assistant coaches prior to team selection. Ages 7 – 18 are allowed a head coach & 1 assistant coach prior to team selection.
8. When will game schedules be ready?
Our goal will be to have all game schedules ready around first week in March (ages 7 – 18) and first week of April (ages 4 – 6). As soon as available, they will email to all parents & coaches. The schedules will also be placed on our website.
9. Are the league rules available?
Yes, please visit our website - www.mryouthclub.com (click on rules/forms)
10. What equipment will my child need?
The registration fee will cover:
- Jersey, hat & socks (ages 4 – 6).
- Jersey, hat, socks & belt (ages 7 – 18)
- You will need to provide your child with a pair of grey baseball pants, cleats/tennis shoes, glove, batting helmet.
11. I received my child's uniform and it is not the correct size?
Should your child's uniform not be the proper size, please contact email@example.com If it is determined you received the size you indicated on the registration form, and you should wish to receive a different size; you will be responsible for the cost. However, if MRYC baseball ordered the incorrect size, we will re-order the correct size at no expense to you.